Wednesday, July 23, 2008

For a Good Cause


I have a few blogs that I check out often, and I came across one tonight that I wanted to share with you. Even though I've never met Dannie, I can just tell that she is a nice person. She has a post on her blog about her brother, a marine in Afghanistan, that needs some birthday wishes while he's far from home. So if you have some extra time before Aug. 9th, please send Dannie a card to send to her brother (not blank cards for him to send back, but birthday cards TO him). Check out her blog here. Here's the card I'm sending her brother.

I took a piece of old olive cardstock and sponged brown and black to get the camo look. The stars are punched with SU's large and small star punches. The eyelets are from SU too (retired). The marine insignia I bought on-line. I have a good friend at work that has a young marine about to be deployed. I know I will be making her and her son lots of cards to lift their spirits while he is in Iraq. Inside this card, I stamped the words "my hero", which is from another retired SU stamp set.

I was excited to be able to make a difference in this man's birthday. I sure hope you can find time to send a card their way too.

Karen




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for making a card for my brother. I truly appreciate it. Where did you get the military stamp? I'd love to get one too. Thanks again! ~Dannie

Karen Mengel said...

Hi Dannie...The marines insignia is an Inkadoo stamp. I got it from Ebay!! Glad you liked it!!