Sunday, August 31, 2008

Why are you thinking about snow?


"Why are you thinking about snow?" This is the question my 9 year old daughter asked me as she watched me create this card for a swap. Good question, huh? (smile) When I was in Costco the other day, I saw that they already had Christmas decorations out, so I'm not the only one thinking about snow! I made this card for a "new catalog swap". I chose this set (Deer Friends) because, even though it is August, you can't get started on your Christmas card ideas
too early.

Wouldn't it be nice to be totally done making your Christmas cards early, so when the holiday gets closer you can concentrate on other things like shopping, wrapping, baking and not being out of your mind thinking of all the things you need to do? So you see, that's why I'm thinking about snow in August. Look for this card in one of my upcoming Christmas card workshops at my house.

The second image shows that when you pull the tab, a surprise tag come out. I just thought the card needed a little something else to make it special. Also, it's hard to see from the scan, but the snowman in the middle is cut out and a dimentional is used to make him pop out.
Supplies:
Stamp Sets: Deer Friends, Seasonal Icons
Ink: Night of Navy (craft), versamark (snowflake on tab)
Paper: Real Red, Very Vanilla, Night of Navy
Accessories: 1 1/4 circle punch, scallop punch, round tab punch, night of navy ribbon, scallop edge punch, scissors, natural hemp twine, sticky strip, dimentionals, Tombow Multi Purpose Adhesive
Enjoy!
Karen


No comments: